Pages

31 August 2008

Walang Humpay Na Ligaya


That's my absolute favorite Eraserheads line.

I was ecstatic (picture me and Nards doing the dance of joy) when Gang texted us saying that the entire Team Lestat will be in Buddy's guest list.

We had minor delays at the entrance because of computer malfunctions (read: some names were not on the list because we were told that their servers crashed earlier).

Nards, myself and the rest of Lestat were in the VIP section (green band) while my lucky sister got herself on the SVIP section (gold band).

It was hard to describe what we felt during the concert itself. But let me just say that from the moment they opened with Alapaap, Nards and I sang word for word all the songs that were performed with enough gusto that wass borderline embarrassing (just like everyone else). We also danced along with the entire crowd. The stage was just incredible with the gigantic LED backdrop and lighting.

There was a twenty minute intermission, that stretched to about half an hour. Then Buddy, Raymund, Marcus and a young lady stepped on stage. The woman was Ely's sister and she read a statement that due to physical and emotional stress (his mom died two days ago), Ely had suddenly taken ill and was rushed to the nearest hospital. After they thanked everybody, they gave the floor to the concert organizers who requested a minute of silence from everyone to offer prayers for Ely. Then they apologized for cutting the performance short. Everybody was shocked. And the place was eerily quiet, considering the size of the crowd that was there.

We were in the car on our way out of The Fort that we received a text saying that Ely suffered another heart attack but that he was stable.

This morning my lucky sister (who enjoyed free food and drinks at her section) was telling me that the second set included a new arrangement of Spoliarium and Ang Huling El Bimbo. Sayang, I told her. But it doesn't matter.

I was just so happy to see them perform once again.

Thanks again, Gang!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails