Pages

22 August 2008

Sockofizz*

You know how it is that you get so frustrated and angry that there are simply NO WORDS to describe how you feel, and you sometimes have, due to temporary insanity caused by whatever it is that stresses you out, to resort to invent words?

Two days ago, I was beyond words and beyond capacity to even invent words to express how I felt.

My laptop, through some clever programming of an evil person, contacted a worm and crashed. Up to now, I'm still at a loss on how it happened. I use a trusted anti-virus program. I only surf reliable websites via Firefox. I meticulously scan all external drives (including my iPod - that's how paranoid I can be) before transferring files. As for the games I play, I double scan it: once on the desktop, and another on the laptop.

Thank goodness I've always used a separate partition for my data files and my program files; so the photos are safe, as long as with all my other documents. But I am going to buy an external hard drive to back up and store everything. Also to give my 100 GB of data drive space some breathing room. (I only have about 25% left free. Photos take a LOT of space.)

The entire day yesterday was spent reformatting the program drive, installing windows, installing service pack 1,2 and 3, the various drivers, re-configuring my wifi connection, installing Photoshop CS3, Yahoo Messenger version 9 (Philippine Edition - so far no difference from the usual edition), Firefox, AVG, iTunes, Gom Player and Adobe Reader 8. I had to go to the mall today to purchase an MS Office 2007 installer, because the one I borrowed from Leslie was scratched to an inch of its life.

Microsoft 2007 is now fully installed. (And running.)

I can now pick up from where I left off pre-worm-crash. Time to catch up on photo editing, and writing; and to finish the sample pages I'm designing for a planner for a client.



-------

*Mitzie and I have a favorite book by Betty Smith entitled Joy in the Morning. It's a story about Carl and Annie Brown who got married against their parents wishes, and who still worked their way to a very happy marriage despite all the odds. Annie's mother wasn't able to go to school, and when she wrote Annie a very angry letter, she was pressed to invent words that sounded angry.


Like Sockofizz.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails