Pages

26 August 2008

Late Shoe Story

It was only a few nights ago when I was going through photos I took on my cellphone camera, that I ran across pictures of the various shoes I was trying on for the wedding. These photos were the ones I furiously MMSed to my sister while I was combing the mall.

This was the pair I really really truly wanted. The moment I clapped my eyes on it, I WANTED it. It's from Aldo's and was on sale! I couldn't believe my luck! Of course it ran out quickly, because this pair that the sales staff was holding was the last pair and it was one size smaller. Here, she was trying to call their other branches to check if they had a pair in my size. But there wasn't.

After going to Aldo's, we went to CMG. This is the pair I saw.

It's flat and the design wasn't so bad. It's bed was grooved to be snug on the soles of the feet. I liked it, but not as much as the pair from Aldo's. The strip of leather that went between my big toe and the weird looking second toe chaffed. It stung, and I barely walked around the store. Also, if you notice, my feet were sort of hanging out at the sides. This means it was either this or the next size, but the next size was too big. So that one was a no too.

After going to Sari Sari, Bass, Schu, Nine West, Wade, Jos�, Manel's, Cardam's, Mendrez, Celine, SM Department Store, I went to Centropell. The first pair that caught my eye was this:

I liked it (although to lesser degree than the pair from Aldo's), and I thought the retro design was really offbeat and fun. I was so sure that I would buy this for the wedding. Boy, was I wrong. When I fit my size, my heel started to pinch and hurt. And because the back part was stiff, it pushed my feet towards to front which resulted to my toes hanging off the edge again.

We were about to leave the store, and I was resigned to going to Marikina to have a pair custom made, when I bumped into a rack displaying this pair:

And that was that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails