Pages

08 August 2008

A (Not So) Auspicious Day

Today is an auspicious date.  08.08.08.

It is marked by the Olympics in Beijing.  (Good luck Miguel!  Make your Tita Gang and the rest of your countrymen proud!)

There are probably ten million couples getting married today.

If it is indeed auspicious, important business decisions are being made as well.

For me however, nothing quite auspicious today.   I just stayed at home, curled up in bed with a book, waiting for my dysmenorrhea to pass.  I was supposed to go to The Block today to buy a pashmina for my sister.  The gown she's wearing tomorrow at Menggay's wedding is backless; unless she wants to catch a cold, she needs a wrap.  It's going to be a full day tomorrow: Nards and I have a shoot in the morning, then the wedding to attend in the afternoon.  Beng, on the other hand, has training in the office in the morning, an appointment at the salon around lunch, and then off to the wedding with us.

I'm actually excited for tomorrow's wedding.  We're bringing Calvin and Susie; and we'll take their photo somewhere during the celebration.  I've also been itching to wear this maxi dress I bought online.  I haven't had the chance to wear it because of the heavy rains lately.

Having my period is always my excuse to eating something that will absolutely rent my conscience after.  I'm craving pizza.  Either Sbarro's white Chicago deep dish (out of the question today because Sbarro doesn't deliver -- and if I'm going to a mall today, it'll either be at gunpoint or be dragged kicking and screaming); or a five cheese pizza from Pizza Hut.  Sunday will be payback.  My fitness nazi of a fiance (whom I love dearly) will have us bike for hours in UP.  I don't mind.  I actually enjoy it. Pramis.  (Nope, I don't have my fingers crossed behind my back.  Neither are my toes.)

Incidentally, this is also my 88th blog entry for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails