Pages

29 January 2009

On Maternity Shoots...

I love taking photos of pregnant mommies.  I like conceptualizing the overall shoot, listing down the props and clothes that we need, and poses I want to take.  I think maternity poses are best taken at the mom's home so they are relaxed and props (baby stuff) are in abundance.  The mom and I also go through her closet to look for pieces that she can wear.  My favorite is taking the dad's white button down long sleeved polo shirt or a well-loved pashmina for semi-nude shots.   We also go through the baby stuff they've acquired and pick out which ones we'll need for the photos.  (I always make a beeline for booties and small teddy bears.)

Last Sunday, we spent a good part of the evening doing a maternity shoot.   We've been planning it for weeks, and because of our crazy schedules, we were only able to do it this week.  We were lucky that Gail and Jun's home had plain white walls and they had a bright red couch.  I worked around those two elements and most of the photos look like they were taken in a studio.  We also did a session in the bedroom next to theirs which they converted into a nursery.   We had a very productive shoot, and I hope to upload photos after our photobooth gigs over the weekend.

4 comments:

  1. I don't really know why but when I was pregnant, I totally refused to have my photo taken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom feels the same way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish i had my own maternity shoot (-_-) ayaw nung isang tao e. besides, mahal dito =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! Ganun ba?

    Oo nga ang mahal diyan! Nakita ko yung going rate is about $400 per session.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails