Pages

18 January 2009

21 Jump Street

I just turned twelve, and I fell in love.  With Johnny Depp.  Every monday night, I would tune in to channel 7 at 7:30PM (after the news) to watch 21 Jump Street.  This arrangement was well and good during summer.  But when the academic year came in, my Mom enforced a no-nintendo-no-TV-during-school-days rule.  In hindsight, it's a very good rule.  But I was in love!  How can I miss that hour of watching TV to see Johnny Depp??    (Ang babaw talaga. Hahahaha!)

I was in despair for a good three days, until I talked to her and struck a deal.  I was going to get all my homework done by 6PM, get all my after-dinner-chores done immediately, and she would let me watch 21 Jump Street.  So every Monday, I would be furiously working on my homework, as soon as we got dismissed for the day, and  while I waited for the school bus.  Then doing the homework while I was still in school became a habit.  Which is why I was always in the top five of the Most Library Users (in the entire school) list.  What a nerd.  Johnny Depp was a direct contributor to my being a nerd.  But I digress.

There were times when I couldn't understand the grown up moments (I was twelve way back in the late 80s, so different from the twelve year olds these days, most of whom are very knowledgeable about worldy things).  But as long as I see Mr. Cutie, I really didn't care too much about the plot.

Until I got high school, and I got tired of the additional characters (Booker is so lame) and my interests turned to Star Trek (a nerd through and through) and a handful of sitcoms.

Still, I can always claim that I loved him (or at least my twelve-year-old's version of being in love) when he was still a nobody.  (hahahahaha!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails