Pages

04 January 2009

A Long Walk

Didn't I mention that Nards said we were going out today to take a walk?  Well, it was a long walk.  From Serendra all the way to ROX at High Street.   Despite a slight headache (which disappeared at the Echo Store) and fever, I was just too keen on going out to mind what I was feeling.  Beng accompanied us and graciously drove from our place to Makati, because she wanted to go to Fully Booked to buy a planner.  (She took a long time, I tell you, see-sawing between a Moleskin to the artsy ones featuring works of famous painters.)   I, on the other hand, wanted to visit The Echo Store to see what kind of goodies they had.


It shares space with Kape Isla on that side of Serendra opposite Market! Market! 


They have nice literature about the origins of some of their products and about healthy sustainable living. 


Their shelves are crammed with environmentally-safe and organic products, such as soaps, body scrubs, therapeutic massage oils, eco bags, notebooks, calendars, post-its, baskets, laundry detergent, fruit and vegetable wash, tile cleaners and furniture polishers.  They also have some items from Ilog Maria.  I was delighted to see CP's hand sanitizer on the shelf.  (He gave us samples when we visited him at his lab at NIGS.)


 
  
 

I bought two lavander linen sprays (Php150 each, cheaper than the Green Tea linen spray from Scoop): one for me and one a gift for my Aunt. They wrapped it nicely in recycled paper, free of charge.  While I was at the counter, paying for this, a few customers came in and was asking for Lyf Saver.


I was curious because it was in demand, so I asked about it.  It turned out to be a bottle of oil that's supposed to give immediate relief to nausea, headache, fatigue and depression.   Which is how I lost my headache.  One of the staff put a few drops on my palms, instructed me to rub it quickly until it got really warm, cup my hands over my nose and mouth and inhale.  Voila!  Headache gone.   I bought a bottle for Php250.

We walked down High Street, checked the Lego exhibit; but because I was still recovering and still coughing, I was exhausted soon afterwards.  The three of us trooped to Hobbes & Landes (my second favorite toy store) to rest.


We ordered a bratwurst sandwich and a hungarian sausage sandwich.  It took a while for them to process our order because of the long queu.  Nards got a Barrel of Monkeys near the counter to amuse ourselves.

 
 

Beng, who wasn't born yet when this game was all the rage in schools, thought it was boring (and stupid -- yes, I heard you muttering Beng!), so she loitered around the store.  But she eventually came back to bury herself behind a magazine.  (And looking for more books to buy.)


Our food soon arrived.  The staff was nice enough to put one third of each sandwich on a plate with a handful of unsalted potato chips. 

 
 

I also ordered yogurt for Nards, topped with almond slivers, M&Ms and chocolate chips.  (Code for: Aggie wants yogurt but can't because she still has a cough, so she bought one for Nards but ate like 40% of it.  She would have eaten it all, if she hadn't started coughing violently and Nards snatched it away.) 

Not bad for a walk, eh?

1 comment:

  1. the lego exhibit was there? why didn't we look at it when we were there on saturday??? haay i am so totally out of touch :(

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails