Pages

20 January 2009

Joint Planners

On the first Saturday of this year, Nards and I went to Fully Booked at High Street with my sister to help her find the perfect planner.  She needs it badly given her work schedule, which is fraught with meetings and deadlines.  (I don't think there are enough hours in the day for her.)  She had her eye on a moleskin but, at that time, they didn't have the moleskin daily planner with specific time.  So she ditched that and opted for something that had black and white photos of London.

I haven't had a planner in two years.  The last one I had was the Procastinator's Planner that Rizal and I bought at Powerbooks.  And since I was always bent over my laptop anyway, I used One Note and Outlook to keep my schedule organized. Nards on the other hand, uses an excel template, prints it out, and tapes it on a wall where he can see it all the time. 

Last year, we started using a joint planner to keep track of our commitments.  Nothing fancy, I just downloaded a template for One Note.  This year, however, I bought one for the two of us.  It's better to see things in black and white rather than on a shared file on the computer.  I want to avoid double booking of events and shoots.  It's also a big help with our social calendar.  Just today, we realized we had different dates in mind for his cousin's wedding. 

Why am I blogging about this?  No particular reason, really.  It's just that I was looking over our schedule for today, and I'm grateful that we're swamped.

Work is a blessing.

1 comment:

  1. yes. always a blessing. :) glad i read your post today hehe

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails