Pages

01 February 2009

My Fair February

Happy New Month!  And I greet this month with a few photos from our photobooth gig yesterday at the Ateneo HS Fair.

 
 


February is always fair month, and it's one of the most exciting times in school.  Back in high school, the school fair was the one weekend where we can wear civilian clothing (as long as it is Marian) and to have our friends over from other schools (mostly sisters who studied in other schools, and guys we had soirees with during the academic year).  I remember the fair staples were the dedication booth, the jail booth, the various food booths, the caterpillar/octopus rides, the ferris wheel, and the variety/talent show organized by the teachers and students.   The most memorable one for us was when The Dawn performed during my sophomore year.  (I reminded Francis about this the last time I saw him in NU.  He still remembers a handful of my classmates who helped organize that particular show.)

It's good to know that some things never change and that most of the fair staples I listed down here were present at the Ateneo fair.  I particularly liked the fair food that never changes: hotdogs, fries, cotton candy, barbecue, and ice cream (YEY for this!  Had four Bulla bars in the course of the two-day fair.  Currently, my favorite cold treat.)    

In college, the fair took on a more adult flavor.  There were still the staples, but there's also a lot of merchandise sold by the different orgs (my favorite was the japanese booth that had an overwhelming collection of manga and anime), a few booths selling flavored lambanog and simple cocktails (including a couple of hard liquor), and the wall assembled by UPM (Mitzie and I still had memories of this gutsy girl in denim short shorts and cork wedges giving every guy and girl a run for their money when she scaled the wall with amazing speed and agility).  The concerts were more hard core: great line up of bands, Mitzie and I down on the grass buzzed from a few shots of lambanog (with Mitzie wheezing and pumping her inhaler from her allergies with anything that had alcohol) and enjoying the performances, and the more sophisticated light and sound set up.

I wonder what's in store for the UP Fair this year?   Nards and I will definitely try to visit at least once.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails