Pages

16 January 2008

Mallrat

That would be my sister not me.



Today, I took a break from working. I needed to get out of the house, so when my sister phoned to say that she was going to Trinoma to buy new tops for work, I eagerly agreed to meet with her. For our trip to the mall, I packed the PSP, three volumes of Neil Gaiman's The Sandman and of course the camera. With those things in the bag, I felt adequately prepared to face an afternoon in the mall.



I met with Nards and we went there early because we haven't had lunch. We arrived there a bit before two pm. There were three reasons why it took us nearly twenty minutes upon arrival on deciding where to eat: 1) we got lost -- aymsorreee, first of all, Trinoma is gargantuan and complicated that we keep making wrong turns (think of the labyrinth in The Labyrinth); 2) I had to take a photo of these two pairs of lovers na "kumo-couple in the park" in the midst of the mall (Nards had to pretend-pose so that I can covertly photograph them; and 3) we kept getting hustled by aggressive servers from restaurants who chased us with menus.



Nards' Pretend-Pose




Luneta Sa Loob ng Trinoma


We went to Mann Hann. There was a moment that we were torn between Mangan and Marina (all M's) but when the servers shoved menus under our noses, we made a beeline for Mann Hann. Ordering was a snap: one order of Sharksfin (it's not environmentally friendly!! why the heck did we order it?) dumplings, Lechon Macau and Yangchow rice. We fooled around with the camera while waiting for the food to prevent us from chewing our fingernails (we were that hungry!).



This photo is making me thirsty.




Sharksfin Dumpling (those poor sharks!)




Lechon Macau (nabawasan na yan)




Yangchow rice





Tuwang tuwa sa kinakain.


Fast forward to an hour later. We ensconced ourselves on a pair of red armchairs in Coffee Bean and read and read and read. I have forgotten what it was like to hang out there. Before, I usually went there to get some work done whenever the college became too noisy and whenever working at home became too much that I was plagued with cabin fever.



That smile literally turns my knees to jelly. (nuks!)


Beng finally arrived. Of course, we had to do this:



Our photo :D







Do I know how to make her laugh or what?




I did take decent photos of her :P





At the end of the day, it wasn't bad at all. I went home with a new pair of jeans, a camera half filled with photos, and stomach full from Chinese food.



Trinoma is second to Eastwood on my list of the least evil malls in the metropolis. Trust me, this is a stretch, considering I truly hate malls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails