Pages

02 January 2008

Happy New Year

It didn't bode well that on the 31st of December, my throat was itchy, my nose painful and my body tingling with the onslaught of flu and tonsillitis.

It was a very busy week for me from the 26th all the way to the last day of 2007. The day after Christmas, I went out to buy ingredients for cookie orders in January and to buy or have a formal dress made for Gail's wedding. Of course, my parents wanted to come along. (This made me a nervous wreck because they can be totally disagreeable in the mall i.e. they want to stay and shop whereas I want to get my errand done in record time and high tail it out of there.) It was a full day, and despite the two of them on their respective iPods (which meant they were on high volume the whole day), I was able to get what I needed. The following day was the trip to Tagaytay. The 28th was spent catching up on email, processing photos, blogging and vegging out in front of the TV. The last Saturday of the year was spent with Birthday Boy, although I went to our blasted family reunion in the evening. Sunday before the new year, Beng and I went to G Spa for the works. We got back to my parents' house at nearly midnight.

And then on the 31st, I got sick.

So the first day of the year was spent in bed, stoned on antibiotics and cold medicine and wrapped up in flannel boxers, my brothers bulky sweatshirt and my sister's thick blanket.

Here's to a rocking 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails