Pages

13 December 2007

Tanga

That's what I wanted to scream at her.



I just keep remembering that it's not nice, and that's what stopped me. Otherwise, not only would I be screaming that but I would also throw in a few expletives as well. I wanted to smack her at the side of her head to knock some sense into her.



She was on her cellphone, yapping away with this stupid grin on her face, while driving. We were all at a busy intersection. Two lanes only, and all the vehicles, including tricycles converged at that place. I was one car away from the intersection, where I was planning to make a left turn. She was coming from my right, in her huge space wagon, and she was making a left turn to go into our lane.



I was watching her (no tints--so you can see her fashionista flygirls-kind-of shades, her huge mouth talking on her cellphone held on her left hand, her right hand on the steering wheel) make that turn. She wasn't able to turn that wheel as she should have, because (duh!) she was only using one hand. So her fender swiped the sidewalk. We (and I'm talking about being in an air conditioned car with the cd player's volume cranked high) heard the sickening sound of metal as it scraped concrete. She stopped. I saw her one free hand put the car in reverse and, without looking at her rear view mirror or her side view mirror, backed up her car. And she inevitably crashed against a tricycle, who got pushed so far back by the strength of the impact that he also crashed into the other tricycle behind him. In addition to that, she also nearly amputated a guy pedaling on his bike. Please note that she HAS NOT STOPPED talking on her cellphone THE WHOLE TIME. She quickly parked the car and hid. She waited for all the angry drivers to pass. Or she was finishing her phone call.







Ironically, she was at that corner where there was a sign that says "don't use your cellphone while driving."



My sister summed up the whole thing in three words: "Gaga Dat Gurl."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails