Pages

19 December 2007

No Good Plan Goes Unpunished

Needless to say that I woke up at ten am stressed out to the roots of my hair. When I got down to the kitchen to start on the first order of the day (measure out ingredients for cookies), I was wont to enter the kitchen. The smell of the last batch of chocolate chip cookie was still in the air, and I warily sat down on the couch where I promptly dozed off.

I was in no mood to bake at all. Or to even run the errands I've mentally listed. So instead, I bailed on the Lantern Parade. The grade sheet can wait until next year and they paycheck is something to look forward to on the new year. I was so lazy and incapable of doing anything remotely related to a cookie that I holed up in the bedroom instead.

I will not be attending the party later.

If there's anything I've learned in running a sideline like a cookie business, a lot of your leisure activities (i.e. attending parties, hanging out with friends) take a backseat. Instead of eating, dancing and listening to Noel and Vin sing tonight, I will be holed up in the kitchen, baking. I don't think I'd make good company anyway, I'm exhausted, and my body just wants to crawl in bed and sleep.

I want to wrap Christmas presents, but that too has grudgingly slouched off in the backseat.

Stresssssss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails