Pages

17 December 2007

Bi-Polar As Opposed To A Manic Monday

This morning I woke up early to put together my brother's cookie order. He ordered 30 half-dozen boxes of chocolate chip cookies, which he'll be giving away to his work colleagues. The original plan was for me to go to his office Tuesday (that's supposed to be tomorrow) morning to drop off his complete order. So what I did was market for all the ingredients (including the other cookie orders) last week. Then I spent Saturday morning doing baker's math (i.e. multiply my recipe originally for 24 servings to the amount I needed for the week. Divide it into manageable batches, relative to my available mixing bowls and fridge space.) Sunday, I mixed ALL the cookie dough: chocolate chip, peanut butter chocolate chip, and white chocolate chip oatmeal. (Would you believe it took me the entire day? I missed Sunday Silence!! Shet.) I would work on the oatmeal raisin cookies for Nards' family next week, since he was planning to give it to them on Christmas day. Then today, spend all day baking (marathon baking that is) and packaging them in dainty Christmas boxes.



Leave it to my brother to derail my well laid plans. What I thought would be a leisurely baking pace today turned to a frenetic one. I had to do marathon baking for two hours straight just so I can deliver half of my brother's order today. (I need them today, Te, they'll be on leave tomorrow.) Then I had to drive to his office and drop them off so that I can return home before the coding window closes at 3pm. (I can't pick it up because my car wouldn't start this morning so I had to commute to work.) On top of that I have to measure out, mix and bake a whole lot of additional cookies today because he increased his order. (Te, sorry, I miscounted and didn't update my list until this morning. I'll order 10 more boxes. But I might still add more tonight.) WAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!



Now, it's the calm before the storm. I have to rest and regroup myself before I start mixing another hefty batch of dough and baking. I need to finish everything tonight. So that I can work on the other orders tomorrow. I desperately need to talk to someone to bounce off my thoughts and to de-stress from this morning's agitated baking. But everyone is busy at work because it's a Monday. Twitter is offline so I couldn't text Mitzie who's not on YM.



And my heart is going haywire with palpitations. I need to unwind and take it easy. My doctor said I shouldn't get stressed out because of the whole your-left-ventricle-is-weak business. It's quiet and I need to talk. I know I should start on those cookies now. Or else I'll be up all night. And I have to get up early tomorrow to deliver cookies. (One order, all the way to Fairview. I asked my Dad to deliver it for me, but I wasn't comfortable asking him to do it, so I told him thanks but I'll do it instead.)



AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!



Breathe in deeply. Count to ten. Exhale slowly. Repeat process several times. Put on the first two episodes of The Starter Wife. Watch and relax.



After that, go back to the kitchen and start on those cookies. It'll be better after this week.



There. I feel just a tad better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails