Pages

06 December 2007

Breakfast

There's nothing better than eating breakfast that comes with a side of shock and indignation. This is what happens when you haven't been inside a Starbucks for more than 10 months, and the baristas are all over you being absent for such a long time.

It was a crummy morning: gray, rainy and cold. I wanted to stay under the warm blankets, but we had to go out for an early appointment. When I got back near our place at around 9am, I drove to the nearest Starbucks for a quick breakfast and something to warm me up. When I got there, I got caught up with the baristas whom I used to see daily, and they wanted to catch up. So my order of bagels and coffee flew out of my mouth. I handed over my payment distractedly. It wasn't until I got in the car, and I saw the sales tape, that my jaw dropped at the exorbitant price I paid for my breakfast.


Tall, Decaf, Non-fat Praline Mocha with My Bagel Sandwich

I ordered a tall, decaf, non-fat praline mocha--whopping Php150!!! Plus a mozzarella, tomato and basil multi-bagel sandwich--Php90, pretty reasonable given the size and the "healthy" side of the sandwich. But the coffee! Holy cow! I remembered the last time I had coffee at Starbucks it was less than Php90!

When I got home, I moodily sipped my coffee and munched on my scrumptious and filling sandwich. The side of shock and indignation left a bitter aftertaste, and I wouldn't recommend that you take it with any meal.

Mozzarella, Basil and Tomato on a Multi-grain Bagel



Photos by Aggie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails