Pages

20 March 2010

Why Hello Again Blogspot!

For the longest time, I've been blogging on Blogspot up until November 2008.  Google had just introduced the import and export blog tool and for reasons that are too tedious to explain, I managed to export and back up the contents of my blog and DELETE it.  I tried to do immediate damage control (to my state of mind) by creating a new blog and importing the file I just exported.  It worked but it couldn't load my entries from way back in 2003 (when I made the move from livejournal to blogger) to July 2006.   Also, blogger was all iffy with the new tool and wouldn't let me post a new blog entry.

So I hastily put up this post, and shopped around for a new blogging platform.  A friend suggested wordpress and I was relieved that  it worked fine.  From that day on, I've kept "rebuilding my blogspot blog" a permanent item on my to-do list.  I would have probably abandoned that idea completely, until I saw the new format blogger offers and the new array of templates plus marvelous ways of tweaking them.  That certainly propelled me to rebuild this blog.  For the better part of today, all I did was piece together what entries I had left from that unfortunate accident.   I also added a handful of entries that I didn't post in my wordpress blog.

And here we are now.  Blogspot rebuilt, but still missing a couple of years of blog entries, and with a very red template (it's still a work in progress, aka I will try out the other templates soon). 

Thanks for bearing with me. :)

2 comments:

  1. weee! actually, i haven't posted in my blog for a while now too. have to get back to it soon. can't wait to see what you tweak next in your blog (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Bambi Haluuu! I miss reading your blog! And your photos!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails