Pages

19 March 2010

Hungover from Avenue Q

Last night, Beng, Paolo and Deepa joined Nards and I at RCBC Plaza to watch Avenue Q.  It was the first time for Paolo and Deepa, and the second time for Nards, Beng and I.  We love Avenue Q; we can't stop raving about it.


Quick review: The cast is pretty much the same except for Calvin Millado who replaced Rycharde Everley for the role of Brian.  All the actors are as good as I remembered.  Nards and I think that Aiza was even better than before.  We were all impressed with Rachel Alejandro.  She was fantastic!  I think she truly belongs on stage. I also liked Joel Trinidad who portrayed three different characters: Trekkie, Nicky and the Bad Idea Bear.

Even though we all knew the punchlines, we still found it hilarious.  And we sang along when they sang our favorite songs.

One thing Nards and I were bothered with (and we didn't realized we were both bothered by it, until he mentioned it as I am writing this blog entry) Felix Rivera was holding his puppets hand whenever he gestures instead of the pole that is attached to his puppets hand.  It's trivial and doesn't reduce our pleasure over the play but we were both uncomfortable watching him hold his puppets. :P

I'm glad that Paolo and Deepa loved it as much as we did.  (Deepa loved it so much, she was channeling Lucy the Slut as we drove her home.)



I'm always delighted to see friends whom I haven't seen in a long time.  It was such a bonus last night that  Deepa and I ran into our old college friend whom we haven't seen since junior year.  Nards also ran into friends from UPM.


Beng saw the Legally Blonde The Musical poster which will be running middle of this year.  (Mental Note: Must reserve tickets for that as soon as possible.)  I'll have to remember to borrow her CD of the Broadway cast recording.


We all went home, and Beng and Paolo crashed in our living room.  Paolo mentioned that he would take off first thing tomorrow, and I was surprised to see him and Beng contemplating on where to order breakfast when I got down.  It's always fun spending time with my siblings, and we just lazed around the house today,  watching movies, and napping.  All of us were clearly hungover from the play.  I start singing "If you were gay...." and they all join in "that'll be okay... "  Mga adik talaga.


(This blog entry's title was inspired by my sister's FB status.)

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails