Pages

03 September 2009

Sinigang sa Miso

Nards loves home-cooked meals.  So I try to cook as much as I can.  We've both been hankering for sinigang, so I called my Dad to ask how he cooks it with miso.

The ingredients are simple: garlic, onions, tomatoes, miso (I like the yellow one), sinigang flavor, mustard leaves and a pack of salmon belly.   The trick to getting the bitter taste out of mustard leaves is to wash it, slice it, then soak it in water for fifteen minutes or so.  I do this just before I start to saute the garlic, onions and tomatoes.
 
 

The miso is mixed in before adding water.  Then the water, then the a packet and a half of sinigang flavor and then the salmon belly.  Bring it to a boil and turn off the heat.   That's when I put in the mustard leaves.  I let it sit to let the leaves cook while I set the table.  (Nards hemmed and hawed when I bought table napkins and started using matching silverware at the dinner table.  But now he grins appreciatively every time he sits down for dinner with the table set properly.)


I'm afraid there's no "finished product" photo.  Nards was too hungry to take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails