Pages

21 August 2009

Que Horror!

Murphy's law.  That's what Nards and I blamed.

We had a photobooth gig at Fiamma, and we did the usual set up.   All systems go half an hour before the start of the event.   Deepa and I did our test shots, and Nards was satistfied with the prints,  When the guests arrived, the flash started acting up.  For every four photos the machine took, the flash would only pop for two of them, which meant that when the prints came out, the grid would show two photos and two black ones.  We paused the service to try to resolve the problem.  Individually, all components of the booth were working, but somewhere was a malfunction that we couldn't find; and if we couldn't find it, we couldn't fix it.

I was apologizing profusely to Marbee and Deepa, and I told them that worst case scenario, we will end the service way ahead of schedule.  

After going through a fifteen minute panic attack, Nards and I decided to eliminate the flash completely, hike up the ISO and use the pilot light to illuminate the photobooth user.  I was praying under my breath when we resumed the service and waited for the first print to come out.  It worked.    Nards and I were so relieved that we were both weak-kneed.  It was the first time that our machine failed us (and at a very important event at that!), and it was very unnerving.

It wasn't very long when the queu to the booth was long, and Nards and I happily assisted the guests and manned the printers. 

Cissy and Noah arrived at 9, and I was so happy to see them!  Here's our photo from the booth.


They look cute together no?  As Nards said, "bagay sila."

1 comment:

  1. yikes! good thing you were able to fix it ... whew!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails