Pages

05 February 2009

A Few Bulletins For Today

  • I'm writing two articles that I promised a friend for his website.  It's been long overdue and I'm determined to finish it this week.  I don't know about everyone else, but the most difficult thing for me to write is always the first sentence.   I'm relieved that once that's out of the way, I get a good chunk of the writing done.  
  • A lot of people are having their birthday this weekend, one of them is my Mom.  My sister and I were discussing whether we'd have a luncheon at home or have the family go somewhere nice (so that no one will have to cook -- everyone's just tired from this long week).  I'm still debating whether to give her a Himalayan blue seal point kitten someone is selling, because she's told me a few times that she misses Figaro and would like to have another cat in the house.  My sister is adamantly against it though.  I'm sure my Dad and brother would be taking her side as soon as they learn about this.  (Although we all know that they're all closet cat lovers.)
  • Nards and I are definitely getting a haircut today.  We've been putting it off all week (on account of a certain network game).
  • I am also definitely getting a massage tonight.  Sitting in front of a computer too long and not doing enough yoga is triggering my back pains.    I should at least do a few sun salutations in the morning, and a couple of poses in the evening before I go to bed.  I'll get the poses done before the masseuse gets here this evening.
  • I'm excited to mount the shelf and the wire rack that we got from Ikea so we can organize our work things.  It's perfect on the bare wall above our work table.
  • I have two new recipes to try this weekend, maybe in time for my Mom's birthday: peanut butter bars  and smores bars.  I was told that the bars are similar to Reese's.  I sincerly hope so.  I'm addicted to those peanut butter cups.  The smores are made from graham cracker crust, Fluff (good thing I still have a jar of this, which reminds me I need to order more), and slabs of chocolate.  I can tell that someone's not going to be happy about someone's diet getting sabotaged.
  • Valentine's is a good time for me to go shopping because all things red come out. Just last week, when we made a quick trip to the mall for groceries, I was able to buy red and white and red and black striped socks.  They'd be perfect for my black mary janes from Crocs.
  • I think I'm writing this blog entry with bullets because I'm still recovering from the 25 things from Facebook.

2 comments:

  1. oh yeah, about yoga. did you go to a formal class? i should try that for my back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I attended "yogalite" classes in Ateneo near the martial arts gym. :) Tuesdays and Fridays, 5:30-7PM, Php50/class. No need to bring your own yoga mat, the teacher supplies them.

    Pero di na ako nakakapunta ng Ateneo kasi medyo out of the way na for me, so I downloaded some yoga videos by Kundalini.

    I'm also thinking of enrolling in yoga classes at a spa at Sgt. Esguerra or the one in Sikatuna. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails