Pages

11 February 2009

Yesterday's Fresh Take


Yesterday, Nards and I woke up at 5AM to get ready for Fresh Take at Krus Na Ligas National High School. Call time was at 6AM, and I was anxious to start early because we were to take grad photos of about 200 fourth year students.  (For this leg alone.)

When we got to the school, we were a flurry of activities: setting up the lights, putting up the backdrops, orienting the students, taking test shots and agreeing on the poses to be taken.  There was even a particular question which sent Leslie to scamper off to the principal to ask whether the tassel on the caps should be on the left or the right (the students' left).  Leslie took care of the student lists, PJ and Mike were wardrobe, Chely, May and Tiff were make up, Daddy G, Gab, Karen, Nards and I took the photos.

I had a harder time getting the photos I wanted because the students were mostly self-conscious.  They were uncomfortable in front of the camera and was sensitive and distracted by the comments and jibes from their classmates who were watching.  (Nards and I paused from taking photos to put up a curtain to block out hecklers and uzis.)    They also had stiff smiles fixed on their faces, so Nards and I worked hard to make them relaxed and at ease.  I wanted them to have good photos to remember their high school graduation.


I was more tired here than in our other shoots.  But I didn't mind saying the same thing over and over, using the same jokes over and over to make them laugh, fixing their hair, and fussing over every little detail.  When I saw the outtakes, it was worth it.

They are worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails