Pages

07 July 2008

First Fitting

Sad to say that Mrs. Cruz forbade me to take photos of the wedding dress. So you'll have to take my word that it's a lovely lovely dress, with a rich lace shrug that will be fully beaded, and yards and yards of skirt and train.

Now, if I can only manage to look good in it.

Incidentally, when I got the text message from Mrs. Cruz that the dress was ready for fitting, I wasn't sure if I read her message right. I just got measured last 25 June, barely two weeks before, and I was surprised that I can fit it this early. I called my Mom and she said that it's probably just the lining, because the bride SHOULD NEVER fit the gown. I didn't tell her anymore that it's the dress I'm fitting and not just the lining.

When I got back home, the first thing I did was chat with my sister to verify the pamahiin on fitting the wedding dress. She said, as long as it's not complete. And Nards confirmed it. My Mom was making me slightly agitated with all this pamahiin, so I called a friend from high school, who laughed and said that she fitted her gown, minus the final beading two weeks before her wedding, so I shouldn't worry. Then Carrots admonished me about faith and superstition. And she said I should fit it, because it's the most practical thing to do.

So off I went to Mrs. Cruz' shop that evening. The dress fit me well, which means I cannot lose or gain any more weight. (Not that I was planning to, mind you.) The hem was not yet sewn and still roughly cut. The shrug needed adjusting, and Mrs. Cruz' team of seamstresses have started beading the shrug.

The dress is fantastic! But I do feel that I didn't do it much justice. Think cow in silk and lace. Eep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails