Pages

30 July 2008

My Wedding Shoes

After scouring all the shoe stores in The Block, Trinoma and Megamall (including department stores, mind you), I finally found the wedding shoes that I want. (Nards was so patient and helpful the whole time. One of my friends said that if he can go through 38++ shoe stores as you try pair after pair after pair, he's definitely a keeper. Thank you, Skooshie. I'm definitely keeping you.) I love it, it's really comfortable, and I can walk in it for the whole duration of the wedding and reception, including the pictorial before and after the ceremony.



The effort that went to finding these shoes, I swear. I WILL NOT voluntarily go to a mall to go shopping for the next two years. Go there to eat and buy groceries I will tolerate, but shopping for something else will just KILL me.

I was bummed out when the shoes I wanted from Aldo's only had one pair left, and it was one size smaller. Also, the other pair I wanted from Sari-Sari was just so fashionista and cute, but it had three inch heels. When I stood up from the sofa in the store, I immediately fell over, and in my panic, I grabbed the sales lady's hand both of us losing balance, which resulted to an undignified heap on the couch. Right in front of the glass window.

My sister was resigned to this pair. So was Mrs. Cruz and her seamsterss, Hermie. (They had this lopsided look of disapproval that was combined with uneasiness on how to tell The Bride that the shoes were too casual and just too flat.)

I don't care. Those shoes are so me!

I'm literally putting my foot down on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails