Pages

27 July 2008

Fastest Way to a Coma

Is this:


Otherwise known as sizzling shawarma. Also known as Heart Attack in a Bowl (or in this case, a hot plate). One of my guiltiest pleasures that I share with my siblings: fresh tomatoes, cucumber, cabbages and white onions, covered with tender and well-seasoned shawarma beef, topped with an egg and slivers of toasted pita bread; and swimming in garlic sauce (which you put in just before you eat). Best consumed with iced tea or Sprite. Every forkful promises hardening arteries and expanding thighs.

Which is why I limit myself to one or two of these in a year.

Nards and I had this after going to my parents' for a visit yesterday. So the two of us had our quota for sizzling shawarma for the year.

And because we wanted something sweet right after, we drove to Puffs & Stuff, a cozy little bakery hidden inside one of the subdivisions off Commonwealth. They have the most divine little cakes and baked sweets in the WURLD. We bought a small box of pastries (a.k.a. Diabetes in a Box) that containted four mud cakes, three chocolate eclairs, a lemon square and two silvanas. And since we were there anyway, we also bought a small portion of Brazo De Mercedes. I was thinking that it would stretch until middle of next week.

I was wrong. It didn't last more than two days. Don't look at me. I only had a lemon square, a mud cake and a silvana. Nards had the rest. Ahehe.

I can hear the bike and the yoga mat calling out to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails