Pages

21 April 2008

Monday Habit

Pig is coded on Mondays. However, the crowd is considerably thin (almost non-existent) in malls which is the perfect time for me to be there. (Because at the risk of sounding redundant, I absolutely hate malls.) This is the perfect time to get money exchanged, pay bills, do the weekly groceries, and treat ourselves to (in my humble opinion) the best burger within the area.


I swear the servers at Tokyo Cafe know us as the odd couple who only comes in on Mondays. We habitually look over the menu and peruse all their tempting dishes, but they know we're going to order two Yoshi's burgers; and that Nards gets Tokyo Ice (tall glass of iced coffee) and a little bowl of coffee jelly for dessert, while I only get water. I always promise myself that I will order a Symphony for dessert (tall parfait glass that is layered with two solid scoops of vanilla ice cream--pushed and packed at the bottom third of the glass--, coffee jelly, a few teaspoons of iced espresso, and a generous dollop of whipped cream), but at the end of that sandwich, I'm soooo full, that I always skip on it. Dessert for me would be a handful of grapes or an orange when I get home before 3PM. That's how hefty the meal was for me.

I like our Monday habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails