Pages

12 January 2012

This Is How We Roll

Ingredients for 7 batches of macarons.

Last December, my sister and I had to make a LOT of macarons.  And by a LOT, I meant more than 200 shells each time we baked.    It was difficult at first, because we were still trying to find our groove.  But from measuring, baking, making the filling, assembling to dispatching the boxed macarons took an average of about 3 days (which includes refrigerating the macarons overnight before we hand them to the clients).
 


We did get our groove eventually, and we're more economical with our time and energy.  But I do think we need a helper just to wash and clean up after us because after we've taken out the last tray and turned off the oven, Beng and I just want to crawl under the covers and hibernate.

Nards and I gather the leftovers after all the orders have been filled, bring it home and take photos for the catalog.  Last week was the only time we had all six flavors available for a photoshoot.  Here are a few of the outtakes.

Calamansi Macaron.  I was supposed to put calamansi around the 
shells but we used all we had in the ref for the filling.



This is Beng's favorite: coffee cream cheese with Kahlua. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails