Pages

28 June 2008

The Wedding Dress

My friend, Carrots, recommended Mrs. Cruz for my wedding dress. So last Wednesday (18 June), I went to her shop in Kanlaon St. and met with her and the designer. It took us a total of fifteen minutes to discuss what I wanted hidden, what I wanted on the dress itself, the overall design and for the designer to put it down on paper. This was pretty quick considering the other bride (together with her parents) in the shop there with me took a total four hours for them to decide on the final design of her gown.

This is what we had decided on.


It has a rich lace shrug (to cover my gargantuan and jiggly biceps). The dress is basically a tube top, empire cut, A-line skirt with lace and minimal beading on the hem. (The idea is to cover my flabby and non-existent waistline, and to create an illusion of a figure.) It has a moderate train (enough for Nards to probably trip on during the reception - hahaha!).

I really wanted it nice and simple, and I think we accomplished it with this design.

What do you think? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails