Pages

11 July 2007

Chocolate Chip Pancakes

This morning was one of those where I had time to prepare and eat breakfast as opposed to the harried bowl of fruit loops. I looked in our cupboard and saw the packet of instant pancake mix. (Normally, I would have prepared it from scratch, but I wanted to get rid of that pouch.)


First things first, crack an egg.



Beat until frothy. Per instructions, I added 2 tbsps of oil. I was supposed to add half a cup of water, but substituted it with half a cup of milk. I also added a dash of vanilla.



Mix the entire packet of pancake mix.



To make it more interesting, while it was cooking on one side, I added a handful of semi sweet mini chocolate chips.



More chocolate chips.



Pile it on a plate. Top with a pat of butter. (Ooh! Watch it melt!)



Pour Cinnamon Maple syrup. Just enough to complement the chocolate chips in the pancake.



Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails