Pages

28 July 2007

Simple Things To Do To Be Green at Home

What I pledged to do to help reduce carbon emissions at home:
  1. I will turn off the lights when I leave a room, even if only for a few minutes
  2. I will unplug my cell phone charger when not in use
  3. I will use the least amount of energy when drying my dishes
  4. I will use "green" cosmetics and facial products
  5. I will use the "Kill Switch" on the power strip - Strip down. Even turned off, electronics such as TVs and stereos still draw electricity. Over 60% of the energy used by these products is used when they are not in use, so use a power strip to turn off your toys when you're done.
  6. I will fix any leaky faucets in my home
  7. I will use rechargeable batteries in my remote control and other battery operated items
  8. I will use a power strip and unplug electronic devices when not in use
  9. I will walk instead of driving if my destination is less than one mile away
  10. I will buy locally produced products
  11. I will buy less stuff
Let's all do our part. Take the test at ECP. Make a pledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails