Pages

11 April 2010

Guilty Pleasure of the Month: Yan Yan

Back in grade school, there were two things from our school canteen that I saved up for: mallow cones from Goya (?) and Yan Yan. And it's been decades since I've had either.

A few months ago, Nards and I were being assaulted by Murphy and his stupid law at a wedding.  When we got a bit of reprieve from the assault, Nards jogged to the nearest convenience store and bought bottled (!) water (I know, I know :(  But it was the last time I forgot to fill and pack our water bottles), and some snacks.  We needed to eat a bit of something to last us til end of service.  He came back with a few bottles of bottled iced tea and Yan Yan.

Instant happiness!  I forgot Mr. Murphy and the snooty wedding coordinator.  I giddily dipped my buttery crisp biscuit sticks into the creamy chocolate dip and munched away.   Nards always knows what to do or what to give me in times of stress, without even asking me what I want or need.

On our last trip to the grocery he bought me an assorted tray of Yan Yan: strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla.  There were short tumblers, there were tall tumblers and there were even some that had two kinds of dip.  There was even a variety of YanYan's that had writing on them.


But my favorite is still the chocolate one.  Egad.  There goes my waistline.

2 comments:

  1. yum! i prefer the chocolate too. when you run out of the dip (like what usually happens to me), just get your nutella as substitute (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bambi!! What a great substitute!! :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails