Pages

08 April 2010

Birthday!

This alarm popped on my iPod and I found it so funny.  So funny, I was laughing for a good ten minutes.  How many people do you know would put an alarm in their calendar to remind them of their own birthday?  Well, one for sure: me.  I can't even remember encoding it. 

Nards and I were thinking of what we should do to celebrate this particular birthday of mine.  We toyed with having a traditional party, plenty of food, drink and good music, but we both deemed this too indulgent and costly.  Then we thought we'd have a coffee and cupcake party.  The idea sounds simple but really fun, and I was planning to invite my girls, and a handful of Nards' friends.  But we weren't able to make arrangements because of our commitments to our clients and we had to go to make an emergency trip to his parents.

So we decided to go bowling. :D

It's a very small party, just Nards and I together with my siblings and Deepa.  We bowled 5 games each, and feasted on pizza and sugary drinks.  I was surprised that I bowled several strikes (even Nards was surprised: were you out bowling while I was out biking?), unfortunately, because the score board was confusing, Deepa got credited with a majority of them.   We were in awe of the other bowlers in the alley with us that afternoon.  There was this elderly couple who kept getting strikes and spares.  Amazing.

Deepa, by the way, is a student of the Lifestyle Network School of Bowling.  She wore a cotton sheath dress, whereas the rest of us wore jeans and shirts.  Lady luck was on her side, and she was giddy with her high score considering she's never bowled before.  (Game, Deepa!  Let's bowl again!)

We all had ice cream after wards, and tried not to think of the heat.   We were too tired and sore to figure out what to do next, so we all went home.  Deepa came home with us for our long overdue sleepover.  As soon as we set foot in the house, Nards closeted himself with the PSP in our room and left us girls.  Deepa and I did a Dexter marathon and gabbed for most of the night.  Or until we both could keep our eyes open.  I was tired from bowling.  Deepa on the other hand, like most of our house guests, just found our home conducive for sleeping.  She started feeling drowsy as soon as she sat down on the sofa.

It was such a fun birthday!  Can't wait til next year. :)



I hope to update this entry with photos soon.  My brother was the only one with a camera that day, and I haven't been able to get the files from him.

3 comments:

  1. good you guys had fun! i have never bowled either ... well i did when i was little and would roll the boll from between my legs =P but now i just don't bowl at all. i'd watch my friends bowl but i would just sit and cheer. weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh!! Maybe we might be able to convince you to bowl with us when you come over to visit! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha ... good luck on that!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails