Pages

28 December 2008

House Arrest

I am now on house arrest.  Nards is keeping a watchful eye because my cough has worsened.   I am once again a permanent fixture on the sofa for most of the day, alternately sipping lagundi and oregano tea, drinking meds every six hours, eating citrusy fruits and sleeping.

Sounds like I'm bored out of my skull, but I'm not.  My sister lent me a book she recently bought.


I'm afraid, it's not a compilation of the stories we all heard during bedtime stories, but the real unadulterated version as written by the Grimm brothers.

Click to Enlarge

Remember how the glass shoe was too small for Cinderella's stepsisters?  I bet you didn't know that in the original version, the stepsisters cut off their toes and sliced off their heels in their bid to be the Chosen One.  And that after the supposed "happily ever after," the stepmother and the stepsisters were pecked to death by pigeons.

I love it.

I'm alternately reading this with another Peter Mayle book:


It's funny and it's full of sarcasm.  Even Nards likes it.  (That's why I have to alternate it with the Grimm book, because Nards and I are taking turns with this one.)

My iPod has also provided ample entertainment.  (A perfect companion for sick people.)


Nards downloaded Joss Whedon's Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.  It was written and produced during the writer's strike early this year and was aired only on the internet and made available on iTunes.  It's now one of my favorite films.  It's quirky and funny and very-well produced.   Neil Patrick Harris is really talented.

 

I also watched the two Christmas Charlie Brown movies.

 

And listened to holiday music from the Starbucks radio. (Hooray, it's free! Starbucks normally charges a hefty sum to stream their radio. It's actually cheaper to get their Php150++ coffee if you want to hear their radio. Ridiculous.)

I have to get well soon.  Nards won't allow me to go out of the house until I'm feeling better.  And I just HAVE to see the lego show at High Street before it packs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails