Pages

05 December 2008

Good Finds at Ikea

We were about to leave a shop on Kamias and I impulsively went to the Ikea outlet store a few meters away.  I've been meaning to pass there for the longest time, especially after our disastrous bridal registry at the other local ikea store.   The place is small and crammed with their items but I was delighted to hear that they've opened a bigger one in Katipunan ave.  (The address is in their website.)

Nards and I had no plans of buying anything there, but we couldn't help ourselves.


 
This was the lamp I wanted, originally.  Useful...
But I got this instead.  

A must for avid readers like us.  This lamp splits into two.  (If you look at the base closely, it has two: one for the reading lamp and another for the room lamp.)  It came in a box that was the size of a shoebox - I got such a kick out of it!


I remember Mitzie telling me to get the ice cream scented candle from the store, so I got one.  It's smokeless and is good for 30 hours.  The nice lady at the store told me to just burn it for half an hour at the most in a day.  It leaves the room smelling like freshly baked cookies and vanilla ice cream.

On a totally different note, I think my mouse is dying. 

3 comments:

  1. Tindra candles are the best!

    Remind me to send you a 12-pack when someone from Dubai goes to Manila.

    ReplyDelete
  2. get a new mouse! :) i love the lamp by the way, i hope it will still be available when we move to the hopefully-will-soon-be-built house.

    meanwhile i should try the ice cream scented candle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mitzie Yes, they're the best!

    I'll definitely remind you. hehehehe.


    @xingkit I'm definitely getting a new mouse. Maybe I should bet a wireless one no?

    You can buy the lamp as early as now because the box is so compact. It won't eat too much space. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails