Pages

09 March 2008

"We Were Chillin' In The Park....

"....just waiting for the sun to go down."
- On A Sunday Afternoon

Yesterday, we made plans with Kidlat to go biking in UP. It was my first time to go biking after so many (roughly maybe about a million) years and I was filled with trepidation. Mainly because Nards and Kidlat were intent on doing some marathon cycling around the oval, and they were using bikes that were meant for that. I on the other hand, had Cooper, our small (and cute) foldable bike.

Nards went ahead on his bike to meet up with Kidlat in UP, while I followed in the car, with Cooper loaded at the back. Before I drove over, I packed the camera with two lenses (30mm and 135mm), the PSP (never leave home without it), Volume 8 of Sandman and an extra shirt.

I was waiting for them in the parking lot, looking at the takes from yesterday's event, when the boys pedaled their way over. We unfolded the bike, and I wound the camera around me, and the three of us set off from the Abelardo Hall driveway to the oval. We passed Lisa who was rollerblading. I started to get winded after the intersection by the tennis courts. A few meters from the intersection, cramps started to set in. By the time we got to the main libe, I had to stop, because I was sure my legs were going to start screaming profanities. I parked my bike, told them to go on without me, because I couldn't keep up. Sad. Tsk, tsk. I turned the bike around, and was planning to head back to the car. I have barely reached the same intersection, when they I saw the ponytailed duo (you'll know what I mean when you see the photos) heading towards me. Kidlat waved, and passed on. Nards changed direction, and joined me on my slow pace.

Nards, resting on the green surrounding the Beta Way.

Note, that the whole point of us biking around was to try to exercise and lose weight in the process. The three of us have considerable gained weight the past year, and we so want to get back to what we were: maintaining unhealthy diets but definitely a size or two smaller. So surprise, surprise, after biking and rollerblading (and in my case, coasting and faking it) around the oval, we found ourselves milling around a fishball stand. We ate (there goes all the -small amount of- calories I just burned!) and the three of them decided to play frisbee at the ampitheater. I opted to sit on the grassy bleachers and to take photos instead.

Kidlat, looking forward to tossing the frisbee. I didn't even notice the pun he was wearing.


Lisa, learning how to throw.


Ehem. Kidlat teaching Lisa how to throw a frisbee. But somehow, it looks like he's doing something else.....

Winding down. See the anti social in the background? He was the one who ended up playing the PSP.

Whew. What a workout! My thumbs were all sore after that afternoon. (Insert wicked grin here.)

We'll be doing this again. Next time, I'll strive to at least reach Econ on the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails