Pages

08 February 2008

Too Old You Say?



Color me boring. It used to be that Friday nights meant putting on the little black dress, gussying up and going out with either: a) the girls; b) the gang; or c) a date. (In my case, it's usually a or b.) Now, I'm very happy just to spend my Friday evenings at home, reading, surfing, blogging or having friends over for dinner. Is it a sign that I'm getting old? Probably. But I find it a waste of my time to go out just to breathe in second hand smoke, listen to ear-damaging loud music, and eat expensive unhealthy food. I am tired of it. And I hate it that I get to be a candidate for cancer because of other people's disgusting habit. Or that I have to put up with music that I don't like, just because the place is supposedly the place to be in on a Friday night. Ah crap. I do sound old. No. I am old.



Nards went to Sagada yesterday for a shoot. I was supposed to go with him, but couldn't go because it's Mama's birthday dinner last night. Which got postponed to Saturday because Papa wasn't feeling well. Omar called, and we have a shoot with Summit on Tuesday. I'm glad we have a shoot which is going to be in Intramuros, so it should be interesting.



Tonight, I'm just staying in with Beng. We watched a DVD of The Longest Yard an hour ago, and we're now comfortably bent over our respective computer screens: I'm blogging, and she's on the desktop playing Fab Fashion. (She hit the motherlode of games. I have 1.5GB of game installers stashed in our data drive. I gather she'll be up all night. But she's prepared. She brought a flash drive to copy all the games so she can install it at her desktop at home.) I'm currently installing a few games on my laptop. Nothing fancy like the Sims. (It's installed on the desktop so I can enjoy it in the large monitor.) Just simple action games like Diner Dash and Burger Shop. (Nards knows I'm playing Burger Shop when I get a major jones for burger and fries.) For the life of me, I can't seem to outgrow playing games. Whether it's a computer game, a video game or even a board game.



I guess I'm not that old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails