Pages

05 November 2011

Pajama Party

Since Monday last, last week, I've been confined in bed because of a nasty virus.  I got the whole shebang: terrible headaches, congested passageways, deciding which was more important to me: eating or breathing, coughing my lungs out, body ache that was so bad that I whimpered when Nards felt my forehead, chills and fever.

I absolutely hate getting sick, but such is my disposition.  I am sickly, always have been since I was a child, but it has gotten worse after my bout with Dengue a few years ago.   I feel bad for Nards who was managing our businesses (including our maternity line) while doing photo coverage of events on his own. Then when he came home after a whole day of work, he has to take care of me.   He'd feed me in bed, take care of my meds, soothe me when I was sniveling under the blankets and entertain me by watching mindless sitcoms on the laptop.  I thank God everyday for blessing me with such a good husband.

So it was such a great relief to me that I was finally able to get out of bed and transfer to the recliner in the living room after seven days in bed.  It was easier on Nards, since he could work on the desktop, while I napped behind him.  It was a long weekend too, so there were lesser calls to answer, and we were not obliged to check our emails.  But I was worried because we had an engagement shoot after the holidays.  I was also supposed to do the hair and make up of our bride.

Nards didn't want me to join him on the shoot, but I insisted I was okay.  Cabin fever has set in days before, and I just wanted to go out of the house.  Good thing my sister assisted us during the shoot, and it wasn't as bad as I expected.  I was exhausted in an hour and had to sit down and direct the shoot instead of actively taking photos.

The concept for the shoot was a pajama party.  The couple both love staying in, surfing, reading and just hanging out.  And Nards and I both love basing our shoots on the clients' personalities.



I'm happy that they liked the photos.  It feels good to go back to work. :)

2 comments:

  1. love the photos!! wish you can visit and take some of ours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks @deewind! I so so wish we could!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails