Pages

29 July 2011

Losing Sleep over Game of Thrones

I havent' been able to get my hands on the Kindle ever since Nards and I finished watching the first season of Game of Thrones.   (By the way, if you're planning to watch it, make sure you have all episodes on hand.  And that you have at least two days straight to watch.  We learned that once we started, we simply CANNOT stop watching until we finished the whole season.)

I downloaded the six books of A Song of Ice & Fire on the Kindle, because the next season will be aired April 2012.  Between now and then, I was hoping the novels would fill the gap.  Except that Nards beat me to it.  I don't mind, because I am still on the Otori series by Lian Hearn.  (Yes, I have the physical book, thanks to Leslie, who kindly lent us the whole series.)  But he has gotten really rabid with the novels (which really is brilliant).

So rabid in fact, that for two days since he started reading the first book, he would go to sleep at 4AM and only because he's too tired to read any further.  I put my foot down on the third day, and told him that he confine his reading during the day, and that he rest and sleep like the rest of us commoners at night.  I told him that since we're sharing the Kindle, during the day, he can take his turn reading, and at night, it's my turn.  Unfortunately, I always fall asleep ahead of him, so he just resumes reading when I start to snore.

A couple of nights ago, at 11PM, I found him in bed, bent over the Kindle.   I just finished emailing a client, and I went in our bedroom, carrying my phone, my iPod and his iPod (because I was charging it on the desktop).  I forgot to bring a glass of water, and he volunteered to get it.

Before he leapt off the bed, I said, "hand over the Kindle, Nards.  It's my turn."  I fully meant to hide that thing so he'd sleep early.  He knew that's what I was planning to do.   He eyed my hands that still held a phone and two iPods.

"How many gadgets do you need woman?" he asked and fled down the stairs.  I laughed and laughed over his rebuttal but stayed put.  I was too tired to chase him around to get the Kindle.

Today, thankfully, he might actually go to bed early.  We had an early photobooth gig, and he was forced to dispatch our staff at 7AM.  And I made sure he didn't take any naps in the afternoon before he had to go to the gig himself.

....

Maybe not.  I'm about to fall asleep here.  While he's still bent over the Kindle.

2 comments:

  1. now we really need to have that coffee session. rublou sounds great. let me know when you're in the area. bring game of thrones ;-) i just got the books yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Xingkit! Yes we do! I'll bring Game of Thrones :D

    How are the books?? Nards is now on Book 3, di niya mabitiwan talaga.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails