Pages

19 July 2011

Bakefest

My sister and I had a bakefest last Friday to test out recipes.  Now that she has a bit more time, we're putting together an online store of baked goods.  It was fun!



We were pretty organized.  Beng prepared little post its to label our bowls of dry ingredients.  She even scheduled our baking time in the oven based on temperature.



She tried out three different kinds of muffins: cappuccino, banana and orange.   She used a lot oranges so I decided to make orangettes.  I also made my usual chewy chocolate chip cookies and fudgy brownies.



I saw this recipe of orangettes from Smitten Kitten.  It was fairly simple and straightforward, I wanted to try it out.  I peeled off the oranges and cut them into strips.  I blanched them three times to make sure the bitterness is gone.  But my family said there was still a lot of bitter left.  My Mom said that next time, I should scrape off the white as much as possible.



I boiled it in a simple sugar syrup for an hour.


I couldn't cool them and drain them on a cooling rack because it was full of cookies and muffins.  So I carefully laid them out on parchment paper on a cookie sheet.  I dipped some in chocolate but my Dad prefers them as it is.


These muffins are just divine.  They're light and fluffy and so so so delicious. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails