Pages

07 June 2011

Simpleng Pilipino




I first heard this at Ortigas Center where Gang talked about the butandings and Rock Ed Philippines to a group of employees.  I remember I asked Karl Roy to distribute white bands while Nards took photos.  It was awesome.

I have heard Noel sing this song many many times, but I have never grown tired of it.  It always reminds me that though I am comfortable, a lot of Filipinos are struggling just to have three square meals every day.  That I cannot be apathetic to our brothers and sisters who barely make a living peddling anything on the streets regardless of the weather.  That even though I cannot give to all of them, I can at least treat them with respect and dignity.

Everyday is a day to be grateful.    Everyday is an opportunity to help others.   

There is no excuse for complacency.  There is no excuse to be unkind.
Rock Ed Philippines - Noel Cabangon - Simpleng Pilipino (by RockEdPhilippines)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails