Pages

10 January 2010

Wicked

Nards and I have called it a day, and we're in bed reading.  I was reading a trashy romance novel that Nards' previous roommate left behind.  (I find reading them dreadfully boring which means they are highly successful in putting me to sleep.)

I've read half a paragraph and was about to nod off, when Nards said, "wawa naman si Elphaba." 




Earlier that day, Beng lent us Wicked.  I was still in the midst of a novel we picked up earlier, so Nards read it first.

"Why? What happened?  I love Elphaba!"


"Do you really want to know?" he asked.

"No," I sighed. "I'll wait til you're done."

"There, there," he replied with a smile.

I know she's the wicked witch of the west.  And she died in the most undignified manner.  But I love the way they portrayed her in the book and in the musical.   Idina Menzel was the perfect Elphaba.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails