Pages

26 April 2007

Tulad Ng Dati, A Review



After missing last year's cinemalaya and hearing great reviews about this film, I was so excited to hear that it was being shown in SM's digital theaters. Nards and I caught the film on its opening day.



I enjoyed watching the film. It was poignant in way because it reminded me of the sad passing of Teddy Diaz and those Storm days. (The whole time I was watching the movie, I was getting flashbacks. I also remembered my collection of The Dawn tapes which I played over and over til they were worn out!) It was funny too! They were all funny! But Francis had me laughing uproariously at his remarks and his hero-wannabe-almost-SWAT-like-on-sedatives antic!



Overall, I liked it. It's The Dawn. And I think they'll always top my list of favorite bands.



The film quality, considering it was digital, was very good. The editing wasn't tight enough though. The movie was a tad bit too long. I was getting impatient at some point because the main plot kept getting sidetracked by some additional plots.



I still like it though. :) Wonder if it's coming out on DVD....



To view trailer, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails