Pages

10 April 2007

300



Notwithstanding the screen full of he-men with six pack abs that have taken the actors months to develop, the film 300, so far, is the best film I've watched that has been based from a graphic novel. I feel that "based" is a very loose term here; especially since the producers have been very faithful to the images that Frank Miller drew on his novel. (Click here for photos.) Although there were very very slight additions to the original story, it was tastefully incorporated and simply enhanced the original plot.



Editing was tight and done just the way I like it. There was no wasted time nor wasted image. Everything contributed to the story. (In fact, after watching 300, Nards and I always say after watching badly edited films, why can't they do a 300?) And the computer imaging and the transformations that were done, just take a look at this photo:



I didn't think I'd enjoy it, especially after seeing other graphic novels-turned-into-a-movie that were wretchedly done, but that rapidly changed when I saw the opening scenes.



It's a must watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails