Pages

10 July 2012

My Weekend in Instagram

We had a productive weekend in and out of the kitchen.  Let me tell you about it.  In pictures.  I'm a bit knackered.   Struggling to actually string a lot of words together to form a coherent paragraph.  Even twitter is challenging me today.


 To get the amount I need, the entire bowl of calamansi must be squeezed.  Took me about an hour or so.


Ingredients for calamansi curd.  Not in the picture:  calamnsi rinds.  Those suckers are hard to get.


Fluffy pink macaron batter.  Well, pre-macaronage and pre-croûtage, that is.   (Fancy french terms that may be googled.)


Pink macaron shells + dark chocolate ganache = this.  I love the light on this photo.


My first attempt to make chai tea syrup.  From L-R: water, honey, cloves, bay leaf, ginger, cardamom, cinnamon bark, vanilla and english breakfast tea.  I need to recalibrate the amount of those spices.


A nice wall in an underground parking somewhere along the stretch of Ortigas Avenue.


What I had to settle for because Charlie's ran out of milkshakes.  Was really jonesing for Salted Caramel Shake, but alas!  The milkshake gods were not smiling at me.


Something that I nibbled on while we had watermelon bellinis.  Very hot afternoon on top of a disappointing trip to Muji.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails