Pages

12 October 2007

3AM, A Pre-Pre-Halloween Story

Wednesday, 10 October 2007. It was our second night in Malagos. I woke up at 3am (technically thursday morning) to go to the bathroom. I lingered a bit at the sink, washing my hands with warm water and to check if my duck loofah was dry. I went back to my bed and crawled underneath the heavy blankets. Our AC was cranked up on high. I turned on my side and faced the wall. I could hear Carol snoring softly on the next bed.

Then I heard a loud and audible whisper. Just behind me.

"San na kayo?"

My heartbeat kicked into high gear because Carol's snoring never stopped. I did a 180 on the bed and peered at her. She was fast asleep. I called out her name softly, but she kept on sleeping and snoring. I went cold all over and sweat broke on my forehead. My hands went clammy.

Who the heck whispered?????

Unnerved and totally freaked out, I couldn't go back to sleep. I plugged my ears with the earbuds and turned on my mp3 player. Then I shut my eyes, and concentrated on the lyrics of each song I heard.

The next night, I changed hotels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails