Pages

27 November 2006

Sick and Tired

I wish I was back in bed, bundled in my comforter with an endless supply of kleenex and water. It's very hard to be sporting a temperature accompanied by coughs and colds in a very cold office. Already my desk looks like it has been attacked a medicine cabinet: a box of kleenex, bottles of pills, a huge bottle of water, a bottle of alcohol and a trash receptacle overflowing with used tissue. I also look like a complete moron with a puffy face, red dripping nose, and dried lips. Everyone else is enjoying the aircon, while I have to wrap myself in a bulky sweater.

I hate being sick. And I'm just so lucky to be very sickly. I'm almost always sick with something. A slight change of temperature triggers my allergies. I inhale the thinnest whisp of cigarette smoke and my chest tightens, my heart races and I'm overcome with coughs. A few drops of rain and I'm in bed with fever and flu. It's ridiculous!! And I envy people who can run around with the elements and come out unscathed. No matter if I eat healthy, pump my body with vitamins and supplements, and exercise regularly.

I'm so pissed off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails