Pages

07 September 2007

13 And Then Some

There was a pile of unopened bags in one corner of the living room. These past few days were all about going to the mall to run errands. (Believe me, the shopping was unavoidable, but I had hives two minutes after I entered the mall. I'm consoled by the fact that I will not set foot in a mall for at least two months.) Anyway, about the pile of bags, those were products of impulse shopping.

There were school supplies and other items from the Japanese Home Center, clothes from sales, light bulbs and screws from the hardware store, bag racks, and then there were the baking ingredients still sitting on the kitchen counter... I found it a drag just going through all it and putting it away. But I saw these two large shopping bags. Full of books!

We bought it from a cafe/bookstore down the street. It tickles me that good books are merely a short walk away from where we live. They're pretty cheap too. Their coffeetable books are priced at 500 each. Hardbounds are 400 and paperbacks are 200 each. You can see how ridiculously easy it was for us to go home with 13 volumes. The most number of books I bought at a given time. I felt so luxurious and giddy. I can't believe I forgot about all of them. (Well, there was the fuckwit lawyer from hell, meetings for the new project, students who infuriated me to death.)

Ah, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails